Here’s my career so far in the space of 10 sentences. If you want full career details, visit my LinkedIn page.
- Started my career as a staff member on computer magazines.
- Went on to edit computer magazines over the space of the next five and a half years.
- Wrote best-selling computer textbooks. One of them won an award!
- Was a textbooks commissioning editor for a while too.
- Wrote and then self-published Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference, which would go on to be downloaded over a million times.
- Worked as a professional blogger. One of the blogs I wrote went down in history.
- Formed a poetry publishing company in Manchester, UK that published several anthologies of local poets, amongst other things.
- Did LOTS of freelance journalism and blogging for various magazines and sites.
- Decided it was time to earn a decent living, and switched careers to content marketing at one of the UK’s largest software companies.
- Throughout everything, have been writing novels and sitcoms with a hope of this being a professional endeavour at some point.
Note that my professional name is Keir Thomas, but you might see me listed as Keir Thomas-Bryant. That’s my married name as of 2015.